Friday 4 November 2011

The Rosemount Hotel

I really like the atmosphere at The Rosemount. It was a nice night and we sat outside. The beer garden has bench tables, grass and pool tables. It's a great place to chill.

Food Choices

I seem to be on a roll here, another place with plenty of options. Besides the usual sides there was primavera pesto quiche ($15), vegetarian burger ($16), gourmet pumpkin salad ($16), vegetarian and margherita pizza (small $11.50 / large $15.50) as well as a vegetarian asian platter (small $30 / large $50). Obviously the platter was outside of my price range, but the idea is that those are to share. Which is always a great option. Not only was there a heap of choices, they were all under $20! Dinner for as cheap as $11.50 is pretty rare these days.

Food quality

I ordered the pumpkin salad.


It was really good. It was definitely my kind of salad. It had all the things that I love in a salad, plus things I wouldn't normally include, which just added to it. It contained "roasted butternut pumpkin, baby spinach, feta cheese & pine nuts tossed in a light honey balsamic dressing" and it was delicious. It had no rocket, which is great, because I don't like rocket. I am definietely a fan of baby spinach though, and the dressing was really nice. The pumpkin was cooked perfectly. $16 seems a lot for a salad, but compared to a lot of other pub prices, it was reasonable. I was very happy.


A friend ordered the quiche. She said it was average, and nothing to write home about. Her chips were a little bit too salty as well.



Another friend ordered the burger. He said it was good. However, I think I've established how I feel about vegetarian burgers. I didn't try it, but he said he'd recommend it.



Overall Rating

1 point per vegetarian choice (max 3):  3
Quality of meal (1-3): 3
Value for money (1-3):  3 - There was a lot of options under $20, including non-vegetarian dishes. I was very pleased with my meal, and the price was good.
X-factor (0-1): 1


Total: 100%

Guess I won't have to drink my calories tonight...


Rosemount Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment