Friday 20 January 2012

Banzai Sushi and Noodle Bar

OK, I realise this isn't exactly a pub. We were planning to go to the Garden, but there wasn't enough tables for everyone, so we ended up going across the road for delicious Japanese food. As this place isn't exactly my standard for these reviews I'm not going to stick to my proper format. It's hard to compare a restaurant to a pub.

Unlike most pubs there was plenty of vegetarian options. Almost every type of dish: sushi, udon, ramen, rice, etc had a vegetables only choice. The prices were pretty good too, mostly within the $10-$15 range. 

I ordered vegetable ramen which was $12 and could have easily fed two of me. Even of a day I was really hungry I don't think I could have finished it. It was really nice though, I especially enjoyed the bits of sweetcorn as they were a little unexpected. 
As it's not a pub, I wasn't planning on reviewing this place, so I  didn't take  a photo before I started eating. This was when I was done, which just goes to show the portion sizes.


I've eaten here before and always enjoyed it. The low prices and the large portion sizes make it great value for money, and the food is really tasty. So, if you're heading to The Garden on a Thursday night and you find it's completely packed head across the road to Banzai. 


Extra points for the chairs that look like they have faces on them!


Banzai Sushi and Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment