Friday 16 December 2011

Rosie O'Gradys (Northbridge)

To me, Rosie O'Gradys has always been one of those nice and cosy pubs that I've always had a soft spot for. Like The Oxford I was looking forward to reviewing it, and giving it a good review, as I was fond of it. 


Food Choices


For some reason everyone seemd to arrive really early last night, so I didn't have much time to look over the menu. The Deep Fried Camembert ($12) jumped out at me straight away, so I just went for it.

You can't really tell from the photo but the salad was actually more than just lettuce


 I didn't get an opportunity to check the Soup of the Day ($9.50) or the Pasta of the Week ($19.50), so I'm not sure if they were vegetarian. As they change I guess it's not worth commenting on further. Other options included a Salad for $17.50 and a Vegetarian Lasagna for $22.40.

Food Quality

The salad was pretty good. I liked the dressing and the inclusion of an orange. It was quite rocket-heavy, and I'm not a fan of rocket but there was enough other things to make it enjoyable. The deep friend Camembert itself was great on the first bite, but seemed to go downhill from there. It was really rich and creamy, which was great at first, but by the end I didn't want to finish it. At first I was pleased by the small portion size, but then I found it was too rich to finish, and then about an hour later I was hungry again.


Vegetarian Lasagna - I felt the need to caption this as you can't really tell what it is from the photo.

My friend had the vegetarian lasagna. It was over budget or I probably would have given it a go too.That said, it probably isn't the best choice for a hot summer night. I didn't really hear much about what my friend though about it, and if it was really good, or really bad I think I would have heard about it. Therefore, I am assuming it was average.


Overall Rating


1 point per vegetarian choice (max 3): 1.5 (1 for the deep fried Camembert, half for the salad)
Quality of meal (1-3): 2 - it really wasn't great, and it wasn't terrible
Value for money (1-3): 2 
X-factor (0-1): 1 - as I said, I like the place, it's got a great cosy atmosphere
Total: 65%


Probably, again, this is a place for drinks, not for dinner.


Guess I will have to drink my calories tonight...


Rosie O'Gradys Irish Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment