Friday 30 December 2011

Broken Hill Hotel

The Broken Hill hotel is nicely split into a restaurant and bar section, which is great because it nicely cater for our large group.


Food Choices


Besides sides there was only one main on the menu. It was pumpkin and feta tart that came with chips and salad for $16.50. However, there was a specials menu that had a vegetarian pizza ($18.50).  I went for the pizza and split it with my friend.


Food Quality

The pizza was very good. It tasted fresh and handmade. The tomatoes were very sweet and the feta made a good addition. Overall, I was very impressed with it.

Tomatoes, feta, onions, olives and basil

My friend ordered a chicken pizza, with feta, pinenuts, pumpkin and rocket. She told me that the chicken ruined it for her, and she picked it off. So, if you're looking for another option, you could always order that without the chicken.




Overall Rating


1 point per vegetarian choice (max 3): 2
Quality of meal (1-3): 3
Value for money (1-3): 2
X-factor (0-1): 0.5 I don't dislike it, but it's not amazing
Total: 75%


Guess I won't have to drink my calories tonight...

UPDATE: 20/11/2012  
 So I went back last week and the menu had changed. There was no longer anything vegetarian available. However, they were able to make a vegetarian option pasta special for $20.50. It was quite good, and seemed reasonable. I just wanted to note that maybe it would be best to check the menu before you go, to see what they can do for you.

 




Broken Hill Hotel on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Another classic chips/pizza review on the junk food that Perth pubs provide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chilli mussels were pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing. I count them as vegetarian because they don't have brains, so they're pretty much plants made out of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say the chicken didn't "ruin" the meal for me - the chicken was alright. Niall enjoyed the chicken. I just preferred it without the chicken!

    I ate about 1/3 of the pizza happily with chicken on it y'know :P

    ReplyDelete