Friday 2 December 2011

The Breakwater

This place is really pretty. It's right on the waterfront which is really nice. I used to go to Hilary's boat harbour a lot as a kid, so it brought back a few memories for me.

Food Choices
Wow, the prices were as impressive as the scenery! Mains included: portobello mushroom ($23.90), fattoush with grilled haloumi ($22.90) and two pizzas (bocconcini, roma tomato, basil & kalamata olives: $19.90 and pear & gorgonzola, fontina, mozzarella, caramelized sweet onions & chopped hazelnuts $20.90). There were the regular sides as well as grilled baby eggplant ($11), an antipasto plate ($23.50) and arrancini balls ($15). So not really very much within my budget.

I decided to split a pear pizza, so even though $20.90 is technically over-budget, it was shared.


Food quality
The jury is out on the pizza. Three people tried it. One really liked it, one really didn't and I'm still kind of undecided. It was very sweet because of the pear and the caramelized onions. The cheeses kind of gave a very sharp contrast in flavours. I guess if you're looking for something you know will be good, order the other pizza, but if you're willing to take a risk, get this one. I do like sweet things, but I'm not sure if It quite worked.



My friend ordered the portobello mushroom. She was surprised at just how tiny it was for the price. However, she gave it a 7/10 for taste.  

 One of my friends mentioned this was a place for "cashed up bogans". It's seems apt. The prices are too high for the food. The food quality is average at best. The location is quite nice though. Maybe just come here for a cocktail by the harbour.

Overall Rating

1 point per vegetarian choice (max 3):  2 - Looking at in budget only - half for both the sides, and 1 for the pizza.
Quality of meal (1-3): 2
Value for money (1-3):  0 - Everything there was VERY expensive
X-factor (0-1): 0.5 - I did like the place, it had a nice atmosphere, however the place was too expensive not to have table service.
Total: 45%

Guess I will have to drink my calories tonight...

The Breakwater on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment