Friday 9 December 2011

Tiger Lil's

This is going to be a bit of a mixed review I think. I like Tiger Lil's as a bar, my brother had his 21st there earlier this year, and it had a great atmosphere, nice cocktails, etc.

Food Choices
There were two vegetarian options. A (non-standard) side, and a main. The main was a vegetarian curry for $18.95. The side was Spiced chickpea croquettes with lime yoghurt dipping sauce ($11.95). Now this would be fine, but I really cannot eat even the mildest of spicy foods. So this put me back at square one. I was tossing up between chips and onion rings, both $6.95 and I decided to go for the chips.

Food quality
I don't particularly like reviewing places based on their chips, but they were good chips. The lime aioli was particularly nice too.


My friends ordered the vegetarian curry. I didn't try it because I was afraid of the spicy, but they gave it the following review:



It was average, about 4/10. They'd expect something of that quality to be about half the price. They said it wasn't bad, it was enjoyable, but they were expecting better.

This was the serving dish, after it had been served...
Basically, Tiger Lil's is a great bar. Nice atmosphere, great cocktails. Nice snacks (the chips and the onion rings were both really tasty). However, I wouldn't go there for dinner again. Most people were generally unhappy with their dish, and they were all really pricey.

Onion rings and pak choy (sides)

Overall Rating

1 point per vegetarian choice (max 3):  1.5
Quality of meal (1-3): 1
Value for money (1-3):  1
X-factor (0-1): 1 - I like the place, it has a nice atmosphere.
Total: 45%

Guess I will have to drink my calories tonight...
Tiger Lil's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment